The ERD Electric Rod-style Actuator
The ERD actuator is an economical rod-style electric actuator designed as an alternate to non-repairable pneumatic cylinders with the added benefit of greater control of speed, acceleration and force, and an option for automating manual processes. The ERD actuators deliver forces of up to 334N at speeds of up to 1,016mm/s. The acme leadscrews are available in three lead sizes per model to optimise speed or force.
The actuators, which come with metric-threaded rod-ends, can accommodate six different sensing or switching technologies including reed, solid-state PNP or NPN, normally open, flying leads or quick-disconnect. The switches are activated by a magnet inside the thrust tube.
This ERD actuator is ideal for the applications in packaging and processing industries such as pick & place, assembly, gating & sorting/diverting and aligning etc.
- 3 different body sizes equivalent to 5/8", 1" and 1.5" cylinders respectively
- 9 different screw selections
- Thrust capabilities up to 334N (75 lbs)
- Strokes in any incremental length up to 305mm (12 inches)
- Automate manual processes efficiently and inexpensively
- Compatible with many NEMA standard (NEMA 11, 17 or 23) stepper and servo motors
- Flexible mounting options, e.g. trunnion mount, foot mount and front flange mount
- Reed, solid state PNP or NPN switches
- Perfect for product change over, gating, sorting or diverting applications